Essex County NJ Home Inspection
Make Yourself at Home in Essex County New Jersey
Located in the north east corner of New Jersey, Essex County is part of the New York Metropolitan Area and is home to nearly 800,000 residents. Newark is the largest municipality in the county both in terms of land area (24.19 square miles) and population (277,140), and many areas of diverse populations can be found in and around the Newark area. The north and west sides of Newark have well-kept suburban areas such as Vailsburg, Newark, New Jersey and Forest Hill, Newark, New Jersey. The east side of Newark is the Ironbound, a working-class Brazilian and Portuguese community. East Orange has the Presidential Estate neighborhood full of large one family homes. Belleville and Bloomfield are suburbs with historic Italian communities that, in spite of retaining a core Italian-American population, now have many immigrants from Latin America and Asia. As of the 2000 Census, 36% of Nutley residents indicated that they were of Italian ancestry, the 12th-highest of any municipality in the nation and third-highest in New Jersey. Western Essex tends to be more suburban and affluent. Within this region are some of the most diverse and racially integrated municipalities in the state and nation, including Montclair, West Orange, South Orange and Maplewood. Many neighborhoods are well-known magnets for New Yorkers such as Glen Ridge, Montclair, Verona, South Orange and West Orange. The communities of Livingston, West Caldwell, South Orange, Maplewood, Millburn, North Caldwell, and Essex Fells are some of the wealthiest towns in the county. Short Hills in Millburn, South Orange, and Livingston have large Jewish communities. Livingston also has a burgeoning Taiwanese-American population, many of whom are highly educated white collar professionals with Ivy League degrees. Short Hills has a popular upscale shopping mall, The Mall at Short Hills located near affluent communities in Morris and Union counties. THIS is happy to provides residents with an Essex County NJ Home Inspection.
Essex County Culture and Recreation
Essex County was the first county in the country to create a county park system (Essex County Park System), to ensure that it did not lose all its land to development. Various municipalities of the county, especially Newark, the Oranges, and the Caldwells were seen on episodes of the HBO mob drama The Sopranos, which was set in North Caldwell. There are various attractions in Essex County, such as the Thomas Edison National Historical Park, Grover Cleveland Birthplace, Newark Museum, Montclair Art Museum, and the Turtle Back Zoo. The county is also home to Newark Liberty International Airport, Essex County Airport, and Port Newark-Elizabeth Marine Terminal.
Essex County Schools
Essex County is home to five public and five private higher education institutions.
- Essex County College – a 2-year community college that offers A.A., A.S., and A.A.S. degrees, the school opened in 1968. The school’s main campus is in the University Heights section of Newark, with a satellite campus in West Caldwell.
- Montclair State University – founded in 1908, the school serves more than 20,000 students at its campus covering Montclair, Little Falls and Clifton.
- New Jersey Institute of Technology – located in Newark’s University Heights section, the school was established in 1881 as Newark Technical School, the school has a total enrollment of 11,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
- Rutgers University–Newark – the school has an enrollment of 12,000 and dates back to the 1908 establishment of the New Jersey Law School which became a part of Rutgers University under legislation that incorporated the University of Newark into Rutgers.
- New Jersey Medical School – dates back to its establishment in Newark in 1956 as the Seton Hall College of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, and became part of Rutgers University in 2013.
- Berkeley College – Newark
- Bloomfield College – located Bloomfield and founded in 1868.
- Caldwell University – founded in 1939 as a Catholic liberal arts college by the Sisters of Saint Dominic, the school has 2,200 students at its campus in Caldwell.
- Seton Hall University –founded in 1856 and affiliated with the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Newark, the school has more than 10,000 students enrolled on its campus in South Orange.
- Seton Hall University School of Law – located in Newark, it is the state’s only private law school.
|Explore the best school districts in Essex County based on statistics, student and parent reviews, and expert insights. Ranking factors include state test scores, college readiness, graduation rates, SAT/ACT scores, teacher quality, student and parent reviews, and more.|
|Livingston Public Schools Livingston Township, NJ|
|West Essex Regional School District Fairfield Township, NJ|
|Montclair Public Schools Montclair Township, NJ|
|South Orange-Maplewood School District Maplewood Township, NJ|
|North Star Academy Charter School of Newark|
|West Orange Public Schools West Orange Township, NJ|
|Bloomfield Board of Education Bloomfield Township, NJ|
|Caldwell-West Caldwell Public Schools West Caldwell Township, NJ|
|Source: Niche.com Inc. 2016
Home Buyers and Sellers in Essex County NJ maximize their real estate investment with Total Home Inspection Services Essex County NJ Home Inspection.
Essex County Average Home Sale Prices in 2015:
|Town||Avg Sale Price|
|CALDWELL BORO TWP||$444,068|
|CEDAR GROVE TWP||$510,446|
|EAST ORANGE CITY||$152,900|
|ESSEX FELLS TWP||$919,137|
|GLEN RIDGE BORO||$650,583|
|NORTH CALDWELL TWP||$728,211|
|ORANGE CITY TWP||$187,693|
|SOUTH ORANGE VILLAGE TW||$568,395|
|WEST CALDWELL TWP||$463,651|
|WEST ORANGE TWP||$392,709|
|ESSEX COUNTY AVERAGE||$484,257|
|Data from NJ Division of Taxation|